Friday, December 10, 2010

My Son

In a few months my Prince will be welcomed to the world. Knowing this has me feeling a bunch of mixed emotions. Im scared, excited, nervous, worried, proud, sad, happy all at the same time. Everybody is telling me don't worry that this is normal. How can this be normal for ones emotions to go through so much at one time.

There are times when i cant wait to see his face, to see what I helped create. Then there are the times when i sit and ask myself what the fucc did I just get myself into!!! There are times when ill sit and plan how im going to dress him and what im going to get him involved in. The times when I say I hope he act just like me, have my attitude, my street and book smarts. But in the same breath the worries come. If he is like me will he finish school, will he join a gang, will he smoke, will he drink, will he have a good relationship with me.

Now on the flip-side of things one thing that i know is that he will never want for anything. My support system is one of the strongest anybody can ask for. Shit he will be more loved and worried about then me. His moms strong woman who i know will take care of him to her last breath. His Godmother my best friend who if anytime will hold him down like she pushed him out. His godfather my brother from another be more excited and nervous then me lol its all love. His grandmother my moms her first grandchild will be like the second son she couldn't have. My numerous aunts, uncles and cousins. And plenty of good friends shit he getting gifts already and he is not even here yet!!

I guess knowing that I will have so much help should make me feel better, but its not i guess thats the fright of a first time parent. I do know that I will love him, teach him, nourish him, provide for him, protect him with every fiber of my skinny being.

So to my Prince Amir when you grace us with your presence in March with your handsome features be healthy and prepared to be overwhelmed with an abundance of love and admiration. And takes daddies worries and fears away.

Love you My Prince,
Daddy

5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful!!! Trust that Amir hears u. He's a lucky boy yo have u as a daddy. U will do just fine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that was soo touching.. Your son(Amir) will be one of the luckiest babies coming into the world just ready to be loved and cared for.. So beautiful to read this coming from a man. March baby big ups to him. God Bless yal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so sweet,and touching at the same time babes, he's lucky to have a father like you and he's not even hear yet,i know you will a damm good father to him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it..It is so admirable to see a man love his son as much as you do..you will be a great father. congrats blue
    Ladii Hennessy

    ReplyDelete
  5. BLUE THIS IS BEAUTIFUL...UR A GR8 DAD ALREADY...CANT WAIT 2 MEET DA LIL PRINCE...NO I CANT WAIT 2 GO SHOPPIN 4 HIM...BBM DANCIN FACE LOL

    ReplyDelete